Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 10,988Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to danijel973, Mar 28, 2013

danijel973 wrote:

amtberg wrote:
Agreed.  When a reviewer starts off by saying that he didn't really try out the camera fully because he was just turned off by the "feel" of it ... you can pretty much disregard what follows.

Maybe, but buying such a camera without an added degree of caution would be... unwise.

For instance, I tried NEX 6 quickly yesterday, in low light. Honestly, I expected better ergonomics and speed, but the EVF is twitchy, AF was slow and everything was as tiny and crowded as on my E-PL1. The user experience of all those EVIL cameras is far behind any SLR, and it's a big problem. If a camera feels fiddly, if it doesn't fit like a glove, it is going to annoy you and interfere with your photographic experience as a whole. Yes, the images matter but the way a camera handles while you think about framing, about background and about the exact point of focus is equally important. If the camera annoys you, there's only so much that you're going to take before you throw the damn thing away.

About the NEX-6 you tried out: Do you know if the distortion correction was enabled in the menu?   Do you know if the hybrid PDAF firmware was installed? Very fine camera indeed, once it is set up properly.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Nikon 1 S1 NEX5R Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow