What % of DLSR buyers stick with kit lens only?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
MaxCh
Regular MemberPosts: 304Gear list
Like?
Re: What % of DLSR buyers stick with kit lens only?
In reply to mobi1, Mar 28, 2013

I assume it is a very small minority of DLSR users.

I've been shooting with my t3i rebel for the past 2 years using the kit lens in AUTO (yes, in AUTO) and I am very happy with 80%-90% of my pictures. I think the quality is amazing. I used my t3i three times in Disney/Universal and could not be happier. I know using manual mode could improve my pictures but it seemed too risky.

Another reason to sticking with the kit lens is the obvious cost of the lens. And do not forget the weight of some lens.

Additionally, very few people want to bother with changing the lenses.

Personally, I recently started using manual mode more often. It certainly improved my pictures as I am starting to get more serious about photography. I also bought 50mm 1.4 and 70-300mm and I am considering upgrading to 15-85mm. However, I honestly think I could live without them.

I disagree that P&S are as good as DLSRs. I've used 5 or 6 P&S and none came close to my t3i. Maybe some high-end P&S are as good...

MaxCh's gear list:MaxCh's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow