Epson R2000, experience and other thoughts.

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
raggafury
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Epson R2000, experience and other thoughts.
Mar 28, 2013

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and also rather new to the printing world. I was hoping to share my experience with the R2000 printer and learn a few things from you guys at the same time.

Typically I print 25-35 color full pages a day (20% A3, 80% A4) , using inkjetfly inks. I am pretty happy with how things are going, the R2000 is perfect for my needs and I could not be happier with the quality.

The only downside is that it clogs often. I have to run nozzle checks every morning and run print heads cycles almost on a daily basis. In general just one cleaning gets rid of the clog but some are harder to get rid of. My R2000s will last about six months before the nastiest clog will render it unusable and back to Epson it goes. I have tried cleaning them myself (windex soaked paper towel under print carriage, wrapped in plastic bag ans let sit overnight) but to no avail.

I was advised for the amount of printing I do that I should invest in the higher end models like the Stylus Pro 4900 and above. I wonder if these models are a better fit to my production.

One other area of investigation would be the ink, I think I have read about this brand being prone to clogging but I am not sure.

Anyways, I'd love to hear about other R2000 owners. Ciao for now!

Regis

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow