Can anyone recommend a DAM with a centralized database

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Questions thread
K-Murat
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: Can anyone recommend a DAM with a centralized database
In reply to porterpath, Mar 28, 2013

Greetings,

Sorry for the late response. I am co-founder of the Daminion company. Inspite the fact that Daminion doesn't have a release version yet I must argue that:

• We are on the photo management software market since 2002. Our PicaJet was the first standalone photo organizer with 3D acceleration support and non-destructive editing.
  • We are developing Daminion Server since 2008 (started 5 years ago) and it publicly available on the marker since April, 2010 (3 years ago).
  • Daminion 1.0 RC1 version is now available for download and testing in our forum and will be available publicly on the next week.
  • I'd be glad to answer to all your questions here or on our forum and highlight you Daminion's benefits. Some of them are:
  • Daminion Server is TRUE multi-user server-based photo management software at an affordable price.
  • Focus in cataloging without fancy editing or publishing capabilities.
  • No administrator skills are required to install and start using Daminion.
  • Thanks to IPTC/XMP metadata support, existing image annotations are imported automatically into Daminion.
  • Support for more than 100 media formats (including vector images, Microsoft Office formats, audio, etc...)
  • Can write and update metadata even in Camera RAW images
  • Support a lot of hierarchical tags, not keywords only
  • Can be used in conjuction with Lightroom (LR for editing, Daminion for image cataloging with multi-user access)
  • etc...

Murat

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow