Where's the "G" or Zeiss standard zoom?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
TiagoReil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,515Gear list
Like?
Re: Where's the "G" or Zeiss standard zoom?
In reply to Keit ll, Mar 28, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

When I bought the roadmap didn't exist but foolishly I believed in promises made by a Sony rep ! OK things are different now but seeing a roadmap doesn't actually guarantee anything , it certainly doesn't give reliable dates for the next releases for instance.

Who in Sony made the decisions about the Heinz varieties of the 18-200 mm zoom ? Who was it didn't realize that when they decided to move up-market with the NEX 7 that better lenses were required ? Who decided to persuade Zeiss to bring out more lenses without addressing the issue of lack of IS ?

-- hide signature --

Keith C

I had a nex camera since the beginning  the nex-5. and there has always been a roadmap. Yes. at the beginning there was no 2013, and 2012 was tweaked (because of requests of smaller lenses), but there has always been a roadmap.

The 18200 has to do with video. The first version and the power zoom were designed for the VG line in mind (although used by the other line), and the Tamron/LE 18200 is targeted to still photo shooters.

And Lack of IS is a design decision  not an issue (it can be an issue for you) that has been there and confirmed it will be there for a long time.

Again, all these things have been there for a long time. If you are a P&S upgrader is logical that you didn't know all this. If not, I think it was pretty obvious what the nex line is about.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow