Would you invest in Nik plugin now considering its acquisition by Google?

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Terrance Vacha
Contributing MemberPosts: 915Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you invest in Nik plugin now considering its acquisition by Google?
In reply to Gustavo Politano, Mar 28, 2013

Gustavo Politano wrote:

Hi, guys!

Last year I bought an Olympus E-M5 and started taking my amatour photography more seriously. Then I got Aperture and I'm now considering investing on Nik's plugins.

I downloaded their trials and I'm enjoin so far. But I do worry to spend 300 bucks now and Google descontinue their software just like with Snapseed. One example is that they still don't support Retina displays (at least not on trials, if someone can confirm how to get sharper UI, let me know plz). Isn't that indication that their not maintaining/evolving their software seriously?

So, what are your thoughts? Would you take the chance ou wait a little more?

Cheers!

absolutely, positively buy the NIK software. It is the only software that enhances photos in the way that it does and it is best to have more than one way to do things in your "arsenal" of photo tools. $149 for the whole suite -- that is a deal even if is never upgraded again.

Terrance Vacha's gear list:Terrance Vacha's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Tamron SP AF 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow