Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
X Pro 1, should I stay or should I go?
Mar 28, 2013

About 6 months ago I sold my 5DII+24-105L and got in exchange an X-pro 1+18+35. I was basically looking for a great IQ camera in a more convenient package (size, weight...), with dedicated lenses and a OVF (it might seem stupid but the OVF detail for me made the difference). However I still own a canon 550d, a 16-35LII, a 35L, a 50f1.4, a 70-200L.

Now I don't really know what to do: sell the rest of the canon gear and get the 14 and the 60 or sell the fuji and going back to a 5DII or a 6D.

Well I like the fuji, the kind of camera (rangefinder style), the build quality, the control layout, I love the size and weight, and the fact I can stroll a whole day with the camera at the neck without getting tired. The IQ is very good, the jpeg engine almost flawless, so what's wrong?

First: I was really deluded by the ISO cheat things; that acconts for 50% of my unsatisfaction. Second, comparing some shots with a 550d and the zeiss 50f1.7 (CY mount) and the xpro 1 with the same lens, I don't see a real advantage in detail, and I don't see any real difference by comparing, with the DPR studio shot, a Pentax K5IIs a Nikon D7000 and the XPro1. To tell the truth I think Lightroom 4.7 shows a little disadvantage for the xpro1 in term of very fine texture in fabrics, but that's really extreme pixel peeping. Third (but this is actually my problem) at home I'm still using a Win XP PC and I can't install Lightroom 4.7 or C1v7. I can't get consistent results with the Fuji RAW converter, especially at high ISO (I get strange desaturated colours sometimes), so I'd need a computer upgrade.

I don't really know...I'm really confused.

-- hide signature --

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow