Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,308Gear list
Like?
Spot healing brush question: CS2
Mar 28, 2013

I've been using LR4 for RAW development for a while now but haven't really gotten into more extensive editing with photoshop. I recently downloaded CS2 since it was free and just cracked it open last night. I want to remove some power lines from a photo. I learned how to use the healing brush and did fine removing wires from clear blue sky, but in a few areas where the wires passed clouds and through a tree, it was more difficult.

For short segments of wire, I found that I got the nicest correction by brushing over with the spot healing brush. I was left with blank sky color and then could clone cloud texture or segments of tree branches back in where they were needed using the stamp tool.

For longer segments I tried using the pen tool to create a path and I wanted to stroke the spot healing brush along the path, but it didn't seem to do anything. I was able to use the healing brush or the clone stamp on the path to remove the wires, but these tools drew in a lot of unwanted stuff and made cloning back detail more complicated.

So I ask, before you had fancy pants content aware spot healing, what did you do to make this type of correction? I've looked for examples online, but everything I find seems to be focused on more recent editions of PS that use content aware healing. Thanks for any advice.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow