Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
DRode
Senior MemberPosts: 2,815
Like?
Re: Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?
In reply to Dabbler, Mar 28, 2013

While I agree in principal, it's important to keep in mind that cost and value are not synonymous.

For example, I wouldn't buy the Zeiss 24mm because it's expensive or even because some people said it was "the best". I need to understand exactly how this lens might fit into my photography and gauge whether it was a better choice than others that might cost less (or even more). My "best" may be entirely different than what qualifies as best for someone else.

Dabbler wrote:

I too bought the Zeiss 24mm when it first came out. It is a superb lens and given the choices today I would still opt for the Zeiss in spite of its higher price. Is it overpriced? I don't think so, its just out of your budget. Just because I can't afford a Rolls doesn't mean its overpriced. For utilitarian things you should pay a practical price. For things you covet, especially if they further your self expression, buy the very best you can afford.

-- hide signature --

Michael

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow