New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,805Gear list
Like?
Re: Really, You want to pick and choose your argument?
In reply to MichaelKJ, Mar 28, 2013

MichaelKJ wrote:

Despite the fact that everyone knows the 500D is a poor choice for video, one videographer was able to make a terrific video that was praised by Philip Bloom.
a poor choice for video... while the 550D is as good as any crop DSLR I have seen.  The 550D is also very good at stills with good lenses, better than my 5D2 in some respects with a general lack of pattern banding at low ISOs.  I print the OMD and 550D up to A1, and they are pretty close indeed, but the advantage comes in lenses (where my Canon kit is significantly ahead) when shots are in focus.  Yet the PDAF on the Canon falters often enough to make the camera use awkward as it becomes a "view camera" for one off landscapes on the go.is 500DThe I wouldn't "go back" to DSLRs for scenics because the frustration of not trusting the focus (or exposure, relying on OVF) is enough to make m43 the most consistent approach.
-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow