dave_bass5
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,899Gear list
Like?
Re: Tripod recommendations for a 5D Mk3 + 70-200 F2.8
In reply to SohoAperture, Mar 28, 2013

SohoAperture wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the response

Strangely enough that was one of the combinations i was looking at (Amazon sell them both as a combo)

The 055 series seem very sturdy and well built and i have not seen much better for the price (but I am limited to physically looking at what my local camera store offers)

i also love how the carbon version is really light but for my usage i don't know whether i would benefit from it to justify the extra cost over the 055XPROB

Ive got the 055XPROB and 496RC2 ball head. I find its pretty stable with my 5DMKIII but i dont have the 70-200 f/2.8, only the f/4 IS.I have used it with a 100-400L though and it was fine. .I did use the tripod collar rather than attach the camera directly, but i dont normally for my other lenses.

A friend has the CF version and the same kit as me, and his doesn't seem quite as stable.

There has been talk of the centre column on the 055 transmitting vibrations very easily, but i haven't found this yet.

dave_bass5's gear list:dave_bass5's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow