This thread is locked.
fad
fad
Forum ProPosts: 12,195Gear list
Re: Shoe greasing
In reply to xtoph, Mar 28, 2013

xtoph wrote:

andrenth wrote:

This is an interesting photo, andrenth. Centering on the scarves works as a device to pull together several different scenes. The main figure is commanding (though it is a pity the figures on the left arent a little less overlapping). I like the framing quite well, but i dont like the way the downward slant perspective has affected the bg. With a wide angle lens like this, normally the way to correct that would be to bend down and shoot from lower, but with the camera back perpindicular to the ground. However, in this case doing so would have obscured the seated figure's arm, which would not have been desireable. Possibly a longer lens, shot from further away to maintain framing, would have solved that problem in this particular instance.

Despite those criticisms, i do like the picture. Hope to see more of your work here.

I also llike the ingenious composition.   I do not mind the overlapping on the left too much because it sort of carries forward the theme of the scarves being tightly packed.   The 3 figures on the right make an elegant end point to the curve.   There are a lot of balls in the air here, perspective, placement of figures, color qualities, sunlight v. shade. gesture.   It's a rewarding image to study. It reminds me also how very difficult it is to get everything working together in a true WA kind of shot.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon D810 +9 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow