Best wide angle lens for full frame???

Started Jan 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
mu55
Senior MemberPosts: 1,248Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide or super wide?
In reply to John Sheehy, Mar 28, 2013

I use two lenses

14mm Rokinon (Samyang), really sharp and truly amazing for the price - I rented the canon 14mmL before buying this - very happy with it over the canon BUT

Sigma 12-24mm - I use this lens every day for realestate - it's not "as sharp" (and i know i have a decent if not good copy based on 2 other samples of guys i've worked with/for) It's a very versatile lens and once you get the hang of using/composing a lens this wide it pays off quickly - almost the same as understanding that shallow depth of field is "one thing" that will separate your wedding shots from guests ones. I have the original version - the new one is meant to be sharper but has more distortion (not an issue now that lightroom (ACR) has a profile for it anyway).

I like the extreme angle so much that i'd even consider the sigma 8-16 (meant to be even better) and a dedicated APS-C (tiny EOS-100D?) camera just for wide angle shots.

I've used a 16-35L (version 1- I hope, didn't actually check) and wasn't impressed, i've shot with the nikon 14-24 on a D800 = AMAZING

mu55's gear list:mu55's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-XS1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow