Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,923Gear list
Like?
a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes
Mar 28, 2013

Strangely the SONY a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT my RadioPopper Trigger and any Standard Hot shoe Flash. sb900, metz, LumoPro.

could NOT fit on the Hot Shoe because of the SONY pins at the end of it ... it is stopping the FOOT from going IN all the way.

I just tried to mount my RadioPopper  JrX Trigger to the Hot Shoe ... and it looks like the  SONY HOT shoe PINS is stopping the Trigger from going in all the way to the Shoe ... so the Center Contact will not be in the right place to trigger the Transmitter or any Standard Hot Shoe Flash.

The a99 can trigger the RadioPopper JrX Trigger via the PC port.  and I have to use a Hot Shoe adapter that has a PC port to trigger the 60m in Manual.

Strange that the HOT SHOE  will  NOT fit a Flash or Radio Trigger.

AND the 60m Flash does NOT have a  PC Port for  Radio REC. Pockewizard or RadioPoppers.

interesting ...   There must be a trick to putting on  Flashes other than SONY , and  Flash Triggers.

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +18 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow