Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nukunukoo
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: Some more samples and...
In reply to Berend Botje, Mar 28, 2013

Berend Botje wrote:

Edo21

I know in the end this all comes down to how much improvement we expect and at what price, but I have downloaded your 2 files of the D90 and D7100 and looking at them up close next to one another there is no question for me that the D7100 outperforms the D90 by a considerable margin. As a D90 shooter these pictures alone make a good case to me for upgrading to the D7100.

In fact, if Edo21 played around with the DR (I'm a new D7100 user, and also own a D300S), you will see how much the D7100 frags the D90 on the shadow recovery arena, especially with your great landscape photos! Your Pixel-Peeping is a dangerous sport (to paraphrase a contributor here)... So you have issues with the high resolution, then do this: resize your NEF to the D90's rez and be amazed at the Noise/Sharpness/DR comparisons at any ISO! Edo21, your journey with the D7100 is just beginning!

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow