ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tcom
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,911Gear list
Like?
Back from Namibia
Mar 28, 2013

Hi

I am just back from a wonderful trip in southern Namibia.

Equipment used

• Pentax 645D, mainly for landscapes
  • Pentax K-5 IIs, mainly for wildlife
  • Pentax DA15
  • Pentax DFA100 WR
  • Pentax DA*300
  • Pentax DFA645 25
  • Pentax FA645 35
  • Pentax FA645 75
What worked I thought that taking only a long prime (DA*300) for wildlife would be too much limiting, but in fact, it worked out really well. The weather sealing worked really well, as well in the very dusty desert as on the boat trip.  With the K-5 IIs, I expected to get moiré on either furs or feathers, but on all photos I took, I could not detect any single problem regarding moiré. What did not work I thought it would be ok to just take a few prime lenses for the 645D for landscapes, but it was limiting. I either had to constantly change the lens, or just take one and make the most out of it. I ended often using the DA15 on the K-5 IIs and the FA645 75 on the 645D. http://www.pbase.com/tcom/namibia2013A selection of photos is under: 
 tcom's gear list:tcom's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax 645D Nikon D4 Leica M Typ 240 Pentax K-3 +24 more
Pentax 645D Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow