ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Massimo Cristaldi
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
DPMx at night?
Mar 28, 2013

Dear All,

I'm mostly an architectural (night) photographer. You can check out my work here .

Over the last year I've been using mostly MF film cameras (Rollei professional) as well as high end Canon DSLRs.

I'm now seriously thinking about getting the DPM2, I saw many images and the resolving power is simply superb. It would be a tools to complement my current arsenal  maybe using it with some pano head for higher res work.

I know all the quirks of the camera, but as an entusiast user of an x100 for street/personal works, I would not care a lot. At the end, shooting film on 6x6, means few shots (12), time and thinking so I would not bother about slow writing times etc. And for faster street shots I'll still keep the x100, or maybe later on the x100s.

What interest me more is how the DPM2 performs at night. First issue is how the custom white balance works. I normally use the Markins CBL  for getting the correct color temperature in mixed light conditions. I find this tools really great with my Canons.

How does the DPM series work to this respect? I saw great positive fdbks for full light images but actually wasn't able to find images or interesting source from night photographers.

I would love to hear from you,

Massimo

Massimo Cristaldi's gear list:Massimo Cristaldi's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow