ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnnor
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Second Camera choice
Mar 28, 2013

Hi Guys,

I know this type of question has been done to death, but clearly best answer may change with new model releases.

I have A Nikon D90 with which I am very happy. In August this year I will be spending a week in London, two weeks touring Northern and Southern Ireland and three weeks in France. I don't want to haul the D90 around all that time so I am looking for a 'more portable' stand in. I have spent a good deal of time looking at  reviews on YouTube and here  and .... well,  I'm no closer to making a decision.

I think in photographic terms the trip will be quite demanding. Landscapes, architecture, low light. When I get back home, I will want to photograph my very active grandchildren (implications for the auto focus systems which I understand from some reviewers are a real issue with the smaller cameras.). Quality wise I will be happy if I can get IQ close to D90 standards. Video is not a major concern. Probably will not print much of the output and if I do no bigger than A4, more likely to include in slideshows and other digital viewing.

Budget ? I am thinking AUD 1500(ish). Not sure if this is realistic.

Although I am happy with the Nikon, I am open to other brands. I would appreciate your comments.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow