5DMark III tethered shooting via USB & HDMI- these are the only choices ??

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
vdotmatrix
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
Re: 5DMark III tethered shooting via USB & HDMI- these are the only choices ??
In reply to dave_bass5, Mar 28, 2013

dave_bass5 wrote:

You are stuck with USB 2's transfer rate. Its a real shame Canon didnt put a USB 3 port on the camera.

Yeah that's what I thought having read the manual. even the camera my 5dm3 replaced I think was faster with a firewire.
During a shoot yesterday I was shooting at FULL RAW and shot a few frames and accidentally kicked the wire off the camera during transfer. WHAT a nightmare.

Lightroom freaked out sorta crashed-said a transfer was in progress-never transfrred but stuck in that mode.

My camera flipped out. kept flashing the remaining frames and was locked in limbo.

So I turned it off. and even in OFF position my camera displayed an ACTIVE BLUE graphic that it was processing 5 images. Never seen that and hope I never see it again. It sorta looked like the BLU-RAY logo but I was probably in shock at this point with the client there....loosing the moment.

Now I have an unresponsive LR4 that wont jump start and as well as an unresponsive 5DMark III in TILT mode.

So I did the UNTHINKABLE-I opened the card door and disengaged BOTH cards and puched them back in praying it wouldnt corrupt the card(s) -THIS WAS ALL DURING A PHOTOSHOOT in front of the client. (luckily I shoot CANON and the images are transferred to the laptop ).

Restarted LR, re-tethered, and completed the shoot.....

thanks

vdotmatrix's gear list:vdotmatrix's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow