about to buy the Nikon D800e w/ Nikkor 24-70 f2.8

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Questions thread
AofA
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: The D800E is a success for some commercial photographers
In reply to Luke Kaven, Mar 28, 2013

Luke Kaven wrote:

Hi AofA...over at LuLa, a few commercial shooters have switched into the D800E as a replacement for the Phase One backs, and have been enthusiastic about the results.  One such photographer is Simon Harper from New Zealand.

If you go to Simon's site, and click into the "latest images" menu choice, you'll see the recent work he's done with this combo in sports, major brand car ads, fashion, etc.

http://www.harperphoto.com/latest-images/

Yes, these are all done with the D800E, and Simon has given up his MFDB for all but a very few things.

While I find the body and handling to be a minor step down in some ways from the D4, I find it to be a serious camera, and the results to be superlative.  This lens is a great one in every way but bokeh, but otherwise has a superb draw and great low-midtone contrast, and excellent sharpness.  You'd probably want to pick up at least the 85/1.8G.  And you might want to check out the new 70-200 f/4 VR.

i've been reading about an autofocus issue. now i'm concerned and think i should wait until they fix it. i will have extended warranty of 5 years on the body. will this cover this autofocus issue if it really becomes of technical impediment?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow