Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: about to buy the Nikon D800e w/ Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
In reply to CeleryBeats, Mar 28, 2013

CeleryBeats wrote:

Chad Gladstone wrote:

AofA wrote:

hi. i'm jst about to buy a new system.

i hope that i'm making the best decision for myself.

should i buy now or hold off for a bit.

what do you think will be the follow-up to this camera?

i am an artist using photo and video.

i can't afford a separate Phase/Contax/Leica medium format system AND

a decent HD 1080 video camera.

i love the Mamiya AFDIII 645 but can't be spending all that money on film and processing

and don't want to rent a digital back everytime i want to shoot-- i really need something on hand.

i like to have the option to make large exhibition prints and be able to make video art for web or screenings.

i don't need it immediately. should i wait. and what do you think i would be waiting for?

thanks.

It is a great combo and works extremely well for video as well. I have been considering parting with my recently acquired 24-70 because of my love of primes and am about to complete my FL set of primes of the 28, 50, 85g's with the siggy 35mm. If you want the versatility of the zoom, this is the best in class and pairs well with the D800e. (I am just suffering from prime envy at the moment).

With respect to the volume of criticism by the D800 complainants' af concerns you hear: The residual beating drums are pounding the principle of a transparent score as opposed to the tune their instrument's performance is impacted thereby. Nikon's silence in tuning out the band of affected cadets has perhaps unbalanced the signal to noise ratio in the forum resulting in distortion. If you have been following the unfolding play, the resonating discord of those dissatisfied by their conductor's cacophony (Nikon) in their instrument handling, has diminished the confidence of the acoustics in this forum and will continue to reverberate long after those impacted by Nikon's mallet have been retooled. Many predict that this complete tone deafness will cause mass defection in the orchestra or restore harmony among the players, depending on how divisively the cord was struck.

(having fun with metaphors)

-- hide signature --

Chad Gladstone

Agreed. Too many complains about LF. It's way over redundant. And i can also confirm that it is a superb combo. I have the nikkor 24-70 with a D800 wich is basicly the same and it's awesome in every possible way; Image quality, focus accuracy/speed, built quality/ versatility.

Edited by moderator

what is the auto focus issue then?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow