Can the X20 be saved? :-)

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
xchert
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Re: Can the X20 be saved? :-)
In reply to jwrussell, Mar 28, 2013

Allow me to be the first to reply to your first thread!  I received the X-20 from Adorama yesterday, and have rattled off about 250 photos and 5 videos so far.  The camera is a joy to use, and I now think that the reports of terrible JPGs have been terribly exaggerated.  Yes, I had to reduce the NR to its minimum value, -2, and I'm still not sure I can make it focus exactly where I want every time (although 75% of the time it's doing what I want there too) but I think the IQ is great.  Tonight I had the revelation of looking at the pics using my Macbook pros' retina display instead of the 24" external display I usually use.  Like night and day.  I urge others to try this if for some reason they haven't yet.  Great contrast and clarity, and the watercolor effects that seemed to be there due to the heavy handed NR are amazingly reduced.  Maybe this means that printing will also be better than what one might otherwise expect?  Anyway, enjoy your new camera and tell us how it goes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow