Show Your Snaps...March 25, 2013

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 28,987
Like?
Re: Show Your Snaps...March 25, 2013
In reply to Hollander, Mar 28, 2013

That's great.  Congratulations.  I'm glad to hear that you bought the Canon T4i (650D) camera.  I think you will enjoy it.  I was little surprised that the JPEGs turned out so good on these Canon Rebels (but Dpreview's review indicated that they were sufficient, at least on the Canon T2i (550D) camera).  If you are planning to shoot JPEG, be sure to ask people what picture style settings are best.  I moved the sharpness level up to 4 or 5 for the Canon T2i (550D) camera, which is what I wouldn't or couldn't do with the Olympus E-510.  From memory I had that Olympus setting at -1, because of the sharpness.  On the Canon T2i (550D) camera I believe I had the contrast at -1.  Everything else was at zero (at least that is what I think it is, without looking it up).  There's also another thing you might want to change.  One of the settings changes the lighting or contrasts; I can't remember what that is called without trying to find it on the menu.  I disabled mine.  Be sure to ask about that too.  It's some type of lighting optimization (or something like that).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow