Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
richiemccaw
Regular MemberPosts: 426Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?
In reply to richiemccaw, Mar 28, 2013

richiemccaw wrote:

j450n74y wrote:

hi guys

i was budgetting $450 for my next lens..

i was looking at the sel35f18 for $420 brand new..but can get a used zeiss 24mm f1.8 for $750

whats the consensus..which to get?

Thanks!

I have a similar question to j450n74y. Not sure if its considered hijacking the thread but here it goes.

I have the SEL35F18 but am looking at the SEL24F18Z.

Key reason being that I'm not that happy with my recently acquired Canon FD 24mm F2.8. The image just doesnt look that sharp as the FD 50mm F1.4. I havent taken both FD lenses out into daylight to test (which I expect to this weekend).

Hence I'm just looking around for another 24mm lens. And was also considering the Contax G 45mm and 90mm lenses, seeing as to how many users have alluded to the sharpness of these lenses.

So really, are we even able to compare the SEL35F18 with the SEL24F18Z?

Cheers.

Sorry I just noticed another thread discussing this question. Please feel free to ignore my question on the SEL35F18 and SEL24F18Z but if you may comment on the sharpness of the Zeiss 24mm to the other lenses mentioned in my previous posts, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

richiemccaw's gear list:richiemccaw's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow