Notebook, Tower PC, All-in-one - what is your hardware ?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jubilatu
Regular MemberPosts: 478Gear list
Like?
Re: Notebook, Tower PC, All-in-one - what is your hardware ?
In reply to jubilatu, Mar 28, 2013

BJN wrote:

My ultrabook is pretty quick but my tower kills it. If a notebook is powerful enough for you, you could set up a work area with a decent large display.

I guess that "work area" is a good term for putting my thoughts in order. The thing is that i have a desk job and after 4-10 hours of sitting i feel the need of an arm-chair or bed or just lying on the floor with the laptop on my belly. But i could do that in my "work area" - that change my perspective - thank you.

Eric Carlson wrote:

Jim Cockfield wrote:

Be careful, as most laptops will not support anything higher than 1920x1200 via HDMI or VGA connections.

Yes, i found notebooks that will do 2550x1440.

The problem is that more i read about contrast and 67%sRGB and so on, the more i realize that working  the same image on a notebook screen AND on a real monitor is not a good idea because the IQ differences between the 2 displays.

-- hide signature --

Please forgive my grammar but if you find it inconceivable address me in romanian.

jubilatu's gear list:jubilatu's gear list
Nikon D800 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow