DPR's downhill slide continues with the Sony NEX 6 Review.

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
chillgreg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR's downhill slide continues with the Sony NEX 6 Review.
In reply to Keit ll, Mar 28, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

Some of your comments are perfectly valid but I find it difficult to avoid the conclusion that if the NEX 6 had received a gold award your attitude & opinions might have been different ?

The market for compact mirrorless cameras is hotting up now with an increasing number of cameras & players in the field , perhaps DPR feel the need to more critical of new models ? As a NEX user (7) I found the review to be detailed enough & fairly balanced.

-- hide signature --

Keith C

Hi Keith

I think my personal bias for the NEX was merely the catalyst for other thoughts that had been simmering for a while. Your point regarding new models holds water too, otherwise the D2H might still be 'superior' to the D4...

I've always enjoyed DCR and Jeff has a nice style. But as I said if things don't move forward they stagnate. Dances With Wolves and Avatar weren't too long, but Waterworld was... Jeff was brought on board to add value and a fresh perspective. Perhaps I was a tad hypercritical about this articular review; as I said I am biased and if it was for another camera it might not have tipped me over. But that's mere conjecture now.

I'm sure as a pro journo for many years Jeff has thick skin and won't let one person's opinion hurt his feelings. In fact I'd bet he appreciates sincere honesty rather than false platitudes.

Thanks for your reply.

Greg

chillgreg's gear list:chillgreg's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow