FX200 vs D600

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Crawley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Re: FX200 vs D600
In reply to miatamich, Mar 28, 2013

Yes, I shoot most of my shots on the Fz200 at either 100 or 200 ISO. After having made the mistake of shooting an entire outing at 1600...very grainy.  But we all learn. Not much PP.  I do add a touch of "sharpen" to all my photos.  Call it my bad eye.  I feel they are all a bit less than 101% crisp.  The one exception to this is my Digiulx 2 or Lumix LC1...they are always spot on. Yesterday I went out to a state park not far from my house and deep into dusk photographed a fly fisherman wading and casting. I used the D 600 and it gave me wonderful low light shots.  As I was leaving, I grabbed the FZ 200 and took a quick snap. Just as good. I was surprised again. Nikon lens 28-300 with a f5.6 at the long end versus the 600mm at f2.8. This FZ is a great little machine.

That being said, if I were going on a vacation to say, St. Petersburg to see the sights or to Paris or to Prague...which would I take...hummm...maybe another topic for another post.

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/
There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

John Crawley's gear list:John Crawley's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X100T
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow