Anyone buy a new camera body since buying and keeping their RX1?

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,037Gear list
Like?
Anyone buy a new camera body since buying and keeping their RX1?
Mar 28, 2013

This camera has so ruined (satisfied) me I think I could consider only buying a small high quality FF after using this.  Of course, no others exist, short of maybe Leica... And that is not so small.

I tried picking up and playing around with my 5N last weekend after not touching it for months and it just seems so chincy and unfunctional vs. the RX1 (I don't recall that same impression when the RX1 first arrived).  My 50mm lens feels so cheap and rattley.  But I do like that articulated touch screen... Would love to see that on an RX2.

I am now so spoiled by the feel of solid quality, incredible IQ, bright lenses and the result from a FF sensor. And I love not changing lenses and wondering if I just got some sensor dust.   Not sure what needs to come along for me to take a second look.

Anyone already looking around at alternatives?  Because it is now hard to say I need to "upgrade" (historical good excuse).

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow