Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 1,581Gear list
Like?
MX-1 - Set two @ ISO 800 & 1600
Mar 28, 2013

More examples from today's first outing with the MX-1 ...

For me, the IQ exceeds my expectations. Beautifully engineered & with a quality feel, this cam looks like it might get more day-to-day use than my K-01 with FA 24-90.

Plus points for me are - high resolution lens with f2.5 at max zoom; tilting solid feel screen with smooth operation; quiet, classy shutter sound; accurate colour and tonality OOC; lovely solid build - note those brass plates ...; form, size, and shape excellent - easy to hold in a variety of ways; slips into a coat or jacket pocket with ease; perfectly placed EV comp dial; long battery life - I had over 250 shots on a partially charged battery; and quality finish ... love it in black.

Minus points - not a lot of support one handed, despite the grippy front rubber finish; has virtually no thumb grip, and since the body is long and relatively heavy, I tended to hold it with fingers supporting the body from below, with the LCD angled up, and the thumb firing the shutter; RAW write speed really is pretty slow, and you end up waiting ... and waiting ...   Maybe JPG's wil be OK, but there's a lot of noise control going on, even in RAW, which is a bit worrying ....

Using the MX-1 with two hands ... that is when I don't have a dog lead to hold, is a breeze ... its a gorgeous shape & size - and quick to operate.  Looking forward to getting out and about in urban areas and into some street shooting...

C & C welcome.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-01 Fujifilm X-E1 +13 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax MX-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow