New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
DaveLemi
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s not.
In reply to Charles Pike, Mar 27, 2013

Charles Pike wrote:

Why do we keep going here?  Some of us like DX, FF, and m 4/3 and that is great.  We have made our choice, and most don't want to keep having to spend more money on lens , flash units etc.  I used to get really upset with Nikon as they upgraded their system, but I still went along and bought more stuff.  Things like when they came out with light meters, yes we used to hand hold a light meter to get a correct reading.  Then the changed all of their lens to auto focus, and yes we old guys and gals used to always manual focus as that was all there was.  For me, I used SLR, DSLR cameras for years, but then one day I just got tired of carrying around 2 bodies and 5 lens and picked up the m 4/3 system cameras.  Do I want to go back to what I used to own?  No.  Do I care what you use? No.  Buy what ever you plan to use and stick with it.

You are never going to get out of a camera what it can really produce, if you flick from one to another camera or system.  That was the great thing about film.  They came out with the next great thing about every 10 years.  Sometimes you actually wore a camera out.

www.photosbypike.com

This is a great response to a topic that's been beaten to death. May I suggest, Charles, that you copy your post and paste it in response to any future similar post.

DaveLemi's gear list:DaveLemi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow