Why I Prefer the E-5 over the OM-D

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,123Gear list
Like?
E-5 over the OM-D, paper or plastic, blond or brunette?
In reply to daddyo, Mar 27, 2013

Thanks for posting these comparison shots. I think it's very hard to judge considering two different lenses were used. Also, the focus point appears to be different for the two faces. The focus point can be seen from the eyebrows which wrap around the face and from the eyes at the pupils. For the E-5 & 50-200 mm shot the focus point appears to be at or just forward of the eyes so the nose remains in focus. For the E-M5 and Panasonic 35-100 mm shot it is focused at the eyes or slightly beyond and the nose is OOF. The f-stop difference should offer 2/3 stop better DOF for the E-M5, but it isn't readily apparent. I would guess that the 50-200 is a sharper lens than the much panned Panasonic 35-100 f/2.8.

I like them both and they will never be viewed at this magnification. You focused at or near the eyes, which is perfect. I can see more sharpness in the brunette's hair taken with the E-M5. But in the final analysis, I prefer blonds with green eyes to brunettes with blue eyes.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow