NEX 6 - I could kick myself!

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,618Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 6 - I could kick myself! ***YEAH - FOR WAITING SO LONG TO BUY IT!
In reply to docvale, Mar 27, 2013

Those with negative reactions to the review - especially the "silver" conclusion - are probably owners who depend on the affirmation of others more than they should. IMHO, if they need that affirmation, they could probably benefit more from therapy than a gear upgrade.

OTOH, those who revel in the review because it's 2-3 points less than the OM-D - and they ALWAYS knew they made a smarter choice with a micro 4/3rds - well, they need to book a few sessions with the therapist, too.

I read the preview. I checked out the RAW performance against the competition and my current camera - and it did precisely what I wanted it to do: Make it possible to use my Leica M mount lenses that had been gathering dust for >20 years. I went to B&H and checked out the EVF. It was all I hoped.

I have been thrilled with it. Yes, I wish the 16-50mm kit lens was faster. Yes, I wish the battery life with heavy EVF use. Yes, I wish there was an AF superwide as fast as my Tokina 11-16 on my D7000. Most of all, I wish it had a mike input with different level settings, like on my D7000.

But to me, it's a shooter's dream. It's one of those cameras you can see yourself hanging onto even when you move up to the next you gotta-have offering.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow