Forum ProPosts: 13,751Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 Lens question or two.
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Mar 27, 2013

Sergey Borachev wrote:

Gregm61 wrote:

SR Works wrote:

Thanks Gregm61!

I'm still getting my feet wet in the micro four thirds world so I appreciate the information. That's one lens I can cross off my "want" list.

The rumor of something like a 12-40mm f2.8 M. Zuiko keeps cropping up, so it sounds like there's something out there we're going to hear about this year at some point that's somewhat similar to the 12-60 Zuiko.

Just to show the size of the lens, here's the 12-60 Zuiko, with adapter, fitted to my E-PL1 before I sold it..

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

I myself actually do not mind a M43 lens this size, provided we can get the same IQ.  I think the rumoured Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 should be smaller, and on the bigger and heavier E-M5 work better than on this, even better with an optional grip.  I hope Olympus do not compromise too much for size, like Panasonic did with its 12-35mm.  Those who do not agree can buy the 12-35mm.  I would rather have more quality.

The 12-60 was fine on the E-5 DSLR, but bigger than I would want for any Pen definitely and borderline still too big for my liking on the E-M5, even with the upper part of the grip I use. The 12-60 would create this huge lump in my current micro system bag. It's actually too big for my current bag considering the other stuff I carry and I really don't wanna go carrying large bags with weighty lenses again. That's why I am "here" now

Even if the size was "ok", the AF performance flat sucked. Worked fine as a manual focus lens, but if a manual focus lens was what I wanted, I'd just Tedolf my outfit and be done with it.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow