Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
keirono
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Picasa creating duplicate folders
Mar 27, 2013

I had to reinstall Windows 7 the other week and ever since then Picasa has been giving me hell.

All my photos are on my T drive on my Synology NAS. This is mapped to Pictures on my PC.

I installed Picasa and set it to only watch My Pictures.

Yet it creates duplicate folders of everything.

In the list of available folders in Picasa, my T drive does not show.

I assumed that Picasa was scanning both Pictures and T and herefore displaying everything twice. So I unmapped them, reinstalled Picasa and started again. But exactly the same thing happens. And even after unmapping, T does not show in the list of available folders.

In fact, even though I have put a big red X against every folder to Remove from Picasa, it's still scanning and finding everything. When I click on an image and "locate on disk", it takes me to Documents, but no specific file. Yet there are no images in there. In the list of watched folders on the right panel, it has "My Pictures \\"  . I have no idea what this relates to.

I have even tried messing around with the watchedfolders.txt file to no avail.

After weeks of this I am at my wit's end. Can anyone please shed any light on this?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow