Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
silver45
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Serious doubts on the D7100 at high ISO
In reply to edo21, Mar 27, 2013

I apologize if I am repeating someone else but I have not had time to read all of this thread.

There is NO such thing as NO post processing there are only 2 ways it can be done, in camera for a jpg, where the camera does it, or with software as a jpg. or raw file. You have the choice. The only way you can really see what the noise is to correctly process a raw file and use it as a standard of comparison. In terms of noise, an in camera jpg will never live up to a raw standard but it can get very close. If you shoot jpg and depend upon the camera it is just a matter of setting to get the best. Usually, that involves balancing noise with sharpness then contrast. As others have said correct exposure, etc. are more important with the jpg.

The nature of a sensor means a less dense 12 mp should have much less noise than a 24 mp. Nikon etc. spend a great amount of time and expense trying to over come that problem.  Digital photography did not eliminate the responsibility of the photographer to process just made it easier with good results in camera or in the digital darkroom.

I am sorry but your examples looks poorly processed. Almost like unprocessed raw files. LIttle contrast,sharpness etc. If these are jpg the camera setting are way off. Again, all image files must be processed. I get my 7100 tomorrow and if any care are will probably have first hand opinion by next week.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lessNew
noneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow