Why I Prefer the E-5 over the OM-D

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,250Gear list
Like?
Funny response...
In reply to veroman, Mar 27, 2013

I understand that you favor the softer looking crop -- and I venture to say that most lady portrait clients prefer a softer look.

However, I do find it rather funny that people on these forums debate ad-infinitum about the need for resolution and sharpness, and how full frame sensor have such an advantage in fine detail rendering, and how many lines of resolution a given lens has vs. another, etc.

Then when a close-up crop of a portrait reveals more detail than another, it is referred to as having 'the digitals'.

The E-M5 image is not digitally over-sharpened. There are no sharpening artifacts, only very fine specular highlights from the subject's make up. Since the OP shoots a lot of model photography I would think that extreme detail would be desirable -- maybe not.

I can pretty easily soften the look of the E-M5 image, but sharpening the E-5 image if that were needed, would be a bit more of a challenge without making it truly giving it 'the digitals':-)

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow