Is professional photography dying out?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
deleted080512
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Re: Is professional photography dying out?
In reply to Biggs23, Mar 27, 2013

Pretty much networking, networking, networking and networking.

I've been following the wrong path basically. As I said, I got mugged into "set up a photography business" by somebody. What I should have been doing is following a different approach. Rather than setting up a business, exhibiting some nice pictures somewhere and going from there; not necessarily selling pictures but getting seen a bit more.

I hesitate at school soccer games because I don't want to be the creepy old guy with the long lens, particularly when I don't have any kids to bring along.

As I said, I got mugged into doing everything the wrong way around by somebody eager to see the money spent. I think it would have been advantageous to get some nice pictures and then some nice prints. I do mean nice prints - not the prissy little 11 x 8.5 size but some 12 x 18 and 24 x 36 prints - the kind that smack people in the eye and have an exhibition of them. Then move on from there. Get people talking about the wonderful photos then move onto the business bit.

I know people already like my books on photography (I've written a couple).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow