ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Walkerman
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
a65 (or a77) Camera Error Message on Screen - Help Please
Mar 27, 2013

Hi folks,

These questions are specific to a65 (or a77) owners who have experienced "Camera Error" message on screen/viewfinder, with corresponding shutter lockup, requiring removal of battery (or more) to recover from.  Also specific to those who have sent their camera into an authorized Sony Service Center in the USA to have the problem looked at.

1.  First, did any one permanently fix this problem on their own?  I have cleaned lens and camera contacts and this seems to help, but not completely eliminate, this problem.

2. Has anyone sent their a65 (a77) in for authorized Sony service to repair this problem?  Did they fix it?  What did they do?  Was the outcome satisfactory?

3.  How long did you have to wait between sending and receiving the camera back?

4. Are certain lenses more llikely to cause this problem?  My main lenses are a new SAL18135mm, and a 70-300G that's a few years old.

5. Any other specific fixes I can try?  I am on firmware 1.07.  I am pretty careful when changing lenses.  Shutter life: I have a little over 30,000 shots taken on the camera (although many hundreds are multi-shutter shots in Pano, HDR, MFNR modes). Camera was built in Thailand, received Oct. 2011.  All-in-all, this is the most enjoyable and capable camera I have ever used!

Why ask all these questions?  I cannot take the psycological injury of getting my camera back after 1-2 months with a note in the box saying "could not find a problem", or "could not reproduce customer-reported issue".

Thanks in advance,

Walkerman

Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow