ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chris norlund
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
RX1 requires two hands
Mar 27, 2013

Greetings,

This probably will not affect most people, but I'd thought I'd share my thoughts to anyone considering RX1.  Mine arrived yesterday.  I was really excited to use it.  The image quality is outstanding and all reviews are good.

However, I won't be able to keep it. Problem is with the camera is that the way it's built really requires a left hand grip.  I hurt my hand in the US Navy, so becomes unusable for me after spending a long time with it.

The camera is quite small and if a person has large hands it's hard to get a good grip on it.  It's true one can order the Sony grip, but it's an extra $250 USD.  Also although small, it's true that it's built like a tank so it has a bit of heft to it.  And it all goes on the left hand.

My previous camera was the Nex-7 and basically I could use the camera one handed, right hand grip and right hand only.  But really RX1 requires 2 hands, and the bulk of the weight goes on the left.  And without viewfinder you end up holding out in front of your body a lot more.

Anyway, this many only affect me, but just wanted to let people know about the camera.  Also most people with the big DSLR really use a two handed grip anyway, as it's standard.

-- hide signature --

Chris Norlund
chrisnorlund.com

chris norlund's gear list:chris norlund's gear list
Sony RX1
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow