Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chris norlund
chris norlund New Member • Posts: 21
RX1 requires two hands

Greetings,

This probably will not affect most people, but I'd thought I'd share my thoughts to anyone considering RX1.  Mine arrived yesterday.  I was really excited to use it.  The image quality is outstanding and all reviews are good.

However, I won't be able to keep it. Problem is with the camera is that the way it's built really requires a left hand grip.  I hurt my hand in the US Navy, so becomes unusable for me after spending a long time with it.

The camera is quite small and if a person has large hands it's hard to get a good grip on it.  It's true one can order the Sony grip, but it's an extra $250 USD.  Also although small, it's true that it's built like a tank so it has a bit of heft to it.  And it all goes on the left hand.

My previous camera was the Nex-7 and basically I could use the camera one handed, right hand grip and right hand only.  But really RX1 requires 2 hands, and the bulk of the weight goes on the left.  And without viewfinder you end up holding out in front of your body a lot more.

Anyway, this many only affect me, but just wanted to let people know about the camera.  Also most people with the big DSLR really use a two handed grip anyway, as it's standard.

-- hide signature --

Chris Norlund
chrisnorlund.com

chris norlund's gear list:chris norlund's gear list
Sony RX1
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow