Sony RX100 vs Canon G15
I am going to buy a new compact camera and I wonder which of these 2 cameras to buy.
I am not very good at photography yet, although I know the basic things. The camera will be used for all kind of purposes - mainly landscapes, but also portraits, party photos, macro, etc.
I will shoot in JPEG only.
I do not really care about ViewFinder or HotShoe. But I also do not mind the bigger size of G15 - I like the more external controls which it has.
So I wonder how these 2 cameras compare in the following areas:
- daylight performance (I am sure that RX100 wins here because the bigger sensor)
- low light performance - Which will produce better pictures in low light? the faster lens of G15 or the possibility to use bigger ISO of RX100 ?
- AF speed?
- control over depth of field?
- zoom - I like the longer reach of G15. probably if I crop the 20mp to 12mp I can add little to the 3.6x of RX100?
- other things which I should consider?
Thanks in advance