Why I Prefer the E-5 over the OM-D

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 24,681
Like?
Ah. So what you're saying is...
In reply to daddyo, Mar 27, 2013

daddyo wrote:

Regarding the ND filter, your statement is only true if shooting in an 'auto' mode -- Auto, Program, Aperture Priority, or Shutter Priority.

The OP is a professional and I doubt that he is generally shooting outdoor portraits in anything other than Manual. In manual, a polarizing filter will reduce exposure by about one and a half stops which allows you to simply adjust shutter speed to control bright, sunny backgrounds when using flash. The flash sync speed for the E-5 and the E-M5 are both 1/250 Sec, so that is not an issue.

Shooting with an ND filter is a very viable solution to the ISO issue, and in fact the case could well be made that using a polarizing filter would likely result in better color and nicer looking skies -- if the sky is part of the background.

...that the OP wants to shoot at 1/250 or slower because of the flash synch?  Gotcha.  I wasn't think in terms of using ND filters to lower the shutter speed for the use of flash.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow