Is there a safe password management system?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 11,852
Like?
Re: Is there a safe password management system?
In reply to aVolanche, Mar 27, 2013

I use iSecure password keeper on my phone, I like keeping it there so I can look it up without interrupting what I'm doing on the PC.  And by storing on my phone, it is always with me, so I can also use it for PIN numbers, creditcard numbers, combination locks, and use them on the browser on my phone.

Is this secure? Every bit as secure as the multi-million dollar security systems that banks, credit card companies, and shoe store chains have that you store credit card numbers and personal information  in but that managed to get hacked into annually anyway.  NO data about you is ever secure, get used to it.

These password keepers while encrypted, are designed to prevent local, casual theft from people with little liquid assets to steal and who are relatively anonymous. For that they are excellent.  All any security system does is slow down corporate criminal enterprises anyway.

This is one of those basic requirements of modern life, that you are stupid if you don't follow anyway, but have little hope of expecting them to actually work.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow