I think Thom was right, again...

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: I think Thom was right, again...
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Mar 27, 2013

He must be running out of things to write about and this absurd premise was all he could come up with.

Digital technology moves faster, so cameras get updated more frequently than film cameras, but nobody is forcing anyone to buy a new camera. My D800 will still offer the same superb IQ a few years from now when there is a D900, and that won't change a few years after than when a D910 is released.

With film you absolutely have to buy film, chemicals / paper or lab fees and these costs, especially if you are a high volume shooter are astronomical.  With digital, you need printer ink and paper, and an occasional software upgrade but costs don't increase are dramatically for high volume shooters.

Perhaps Hogan has a particular nostalgia for film as the film era was likely the last time he was relevant.  Now all he seems to do is bash Nikon to get page views.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Duh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow