Is professional photography dying out?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Craig
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,651
Like?
Re: Is professional photography dying out?
In reply to deleted080512, Mar 27, 2013

Machine Gun Kelly wrote:

The photographer I spoke with a day or two back said she was having a hard time making ends meet. Every time I pass the mall photographers, their shop is usually empty and the staff sitting playing cards. The local photographers that are making money have contracts with government agencies.

I notice a slowdown in spending in general. I used to go into the local bookstore for coffee and it was packed. It's now like a graveyard.

I don't have much money to spare - mine goes on rent, food, fuel and insurance. That's it - nothing much left after that to save or spend.

The pros who have made it in the past are now selling their talent to wanna bes. They are done trying to make it too. They are making PS actions, instructional videos, etc. going that route.

2 Things happened.. The innovation of digital photography which made everyone a pro, plus the downturn since the crash of 2008/9.. We are now headed for the real crash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow