D7100 gets DXO'd

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,812Gear list
Like?
Re: Well, same as D7000 with 8 more mp
In reply to Jim Kaye, Mar 27, 2013

Jim Kaye wrote:

Besides the increased resolution and other engineering improvements, there were two ergonomic changes that I love (which don't show up on the DXO tests):  (1) Nikon moved the video button out of the way of my thumb when I use AE-L/AF-L as AF-ON (which is how I usually shoot) and put it behind the shutter release where it's out of reach unless I want to use it, and (2) the "OK" button can be set to zoom to a full-size enlargement to check focus during playback.  Performance measurements are useful and interesting, but they aren't everything!

Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim Kaye
'I believe that the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them.' -- Ansel Adams, 1981

I agree with you Jim. The handling, AF module, and software improvements Nikon made with the D7100  are useful and desirable upgrades over the D7000,  and are actually of more interest to me as a D7000 owner, than the new 24MP sensor. If Nikon had increased the buffer size of the D7100, I would probably be replacing my D7000 with the D7100. But they did not, so I won't.

- Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow