Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marathonianbull
Regular MemberPosts: 493Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to StevenN, Mar 27, 2013

Ming Thein is not only a very gifted photographer with rare depth, but also a superlative writer.

"Consumer appliance"... There could be so many meanings to this, like having too many automated elements, feeling too plasticky, working 'flawlessly' as any "consumer appliance" generally does out of the box, not offering enough manual controls, weighing too little in spite of being bulky (lacking optical heaviness), etc. You could ask him and he'll surely answer; I myself was wondering with a certain grim what he meant by that, a month ago!

On the other hand, do not overly care if this remark somewhat sounds pejorative or unrelated to your personal experience. That's HIS BLOG, HIS OPINION (as good as SteveHuff's or KenRockwell's praising litanies, of course followed by commercial links). Ming Thein should therefore say whatever he feels like if that in fact reflects what he really thinks given that his readers are expecting precisely such personal views.

My opinion.

Marathonianbull's gear list:Marathonianbull's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L10 Olympus E-620 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow