New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nudibranco
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: There is a place for both but
In reply to Paul North, Mar 27, 2013

I have owned all kind of cameras and it all comes down to what you are shooting and what you feel at home with which is very personal to each of us.  I am also much into technical specs as I am an engineer so I fall prey to some useless numbers.  Frankly there seems that the OM is a better in every specification sense except maybe for the faster focusing on moving subjects.  Size is a great achievement on the Canon camera but Nikon and Pentax are about the same.  So the only reason the Canon is interesting is that you own some nice Canon lenses in your closets.

I do have a few but frankly if I was a bit wise I would just sell them and buy another M43 lens instead...

I tried a few weeks ago the Nikon D600  and I was shocked to how much I felt out of touch with the old optical VF.   I am so used to the electronic ones after using them in the last 2 years that using the optical one seemed so awkward !!

Nudibranco's gear list:Nudibranco's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow