Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SmallTownUSA
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Focus Lock for 60D
Mar 27, 2013

Hi All: While I may not be the sharpest tack in the universe, I must say I am having trouble figuring out the "focus lock" for my 60D. I have studied online comments, viewed the Canon 60D tutorials, worked with my camera, and still can not figure out how to effect the focus lock. The Canon video "Back button AF..." says one can effect auto focus lock, but I have not been able to do this. I have done the following (including other thing also): In C.FnIV->Option 1, selection 6 selects the AF-ON button for AF Stop. I thought this would be the AF lock, but it does not seek to work for me. I will focus on one object, press the AF-ON and then point the camera to another location and take the picture. The camera will re-focus before it takes the picture. I thought auto focus lock meant it would lock the focus now matter where the camera was pointed after the "lock". Am I (1) misunderstanding how auto focus lock works, (2) not performing the auto lock properly, (3) not setting up the camera properly or (4) just completely out to lunch?

As a side note, auto exposure seems to work as mentioned in the video.

Thanks,

Harold

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow