On board flash importance

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,260Gear list
Like?
Re: On board flash importance
In reply to Ubilam, Mar 27, 2013

Is an on-board flash important to me? Well, I can certainly do without it, as I have several attachable flash units, from 320EX on the low end to 580EX II on the high end, and a Canon Macro Ring Flash, but there are times, when an opportunity for a quick shot presents itself in low light, that the only flash quick enough to capture the moment is the pop-up flash available at the tough of a button. The light provided by the pop-up flash may not be the best, of course, and one of my favored lenses on a 7D, the 10-22mm EF-S, blocks part of the light from a pop-up flash, so pop-up flash certainly has its limitations.

When using my full-frame and 1.3x-crop Canons, or my Nikon F6, pop-up flash is not an option, and I often choose not to carry a flash unit with me, even in low light, so I do know how to live without flash, though some opportunities for images will simply be missed. Such is life.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NopeNew
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow