New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,717Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s
In reply to Jere Landis, Mar 27, 2013

Interesting observations, Jere. I;m contemplating moving from the E-PL3 to either the E-PL5 or the G5. The G5 really looks like the way to go and having owned a G1 before, I know I will love the ergonomics -- the E-PL3 is an ergonomic disaster zone!

But I have to say I really love this little cam for all its quirks, I think! Part of it also is that I have learned to use it and I've also learned a bit of PP so it has been part ofa growing process.

I would make one observation about your camera choice -- you are still with the E-PM1. Yes, it is so easy to take with you (I had one and got some grsat results but upgraded to the E-PL3 for much the same "go-anywhere-now-ness" but with added versatility) but I would suggest from the observations of those who have moved to the 16 MPX sensor that if you upgraded to the E-PM2 or even better, the E-PL5, you might find yourself gravitating back to the Rebel a little less.

That said, if picking up the Rebel feels like coming home, then there's nothing like having it around, is there?

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow